When I first started chatting with Natalie and Brock about their 2017 wedding, they hadn’t decided on a wedding venue. They were searching for the perfect place to “seal the deal”. They wanted their venue to accommodate both their ceremony and reception, plus reflect their style and personalities. Many of their guests would also travelling from interstate and overseas, so they needed ample accommodation onsite or nearby. After visiting multiple venues without success, they finally walked through the doors of Intercontinental’s Chapel and knew they had found the one.
What a stunning venue! As a Celebrant, I visit many wedding venues and ceremony locations, and this one didn’t disappoint!
Let’s start with the chapel:
- Floor to ceiling glass overlooking the water;
- Ample seating for all of your guests (Natalie and Brock had just under 100 people);
- Second level for your photographer and/or videographer to capture you from;
- Styling is a breeze with multiple rows and space for floral arrangements;
- Beautiful signing table at the top;
- Fabulous acoustics and sound system to play your tunes (N.B Not a PA system*);
- Stunning light;
- Private room for the Groom and Groomsmen to wait in prior to the commencement of your ceremony
- Golf buggies for the bridal party as transport to and from your wedding if staying onsite or nearby;
- Elevated platform for you to stand on so all of your guests have the perfect view;
- Lots of room for your Celebrant to move around and stay out of your “kiss” shot; and,
- Plenty of space outside to mingle with guests after your ceremony.
Natalie and Brock had hired two AirBnB houses just opposite the Intercontinental, and checked in a couple of days before their wedding. Brock and his Groomsmen got ready the morning of the wedding in one, and Natalie, her mother and the two Bridesmaids prepped themselves in the other. Once everyone was ready to go, David (Wedding Planner Extraordinaire) and his team, picked everyone (in the bridal party) up in golf buggies (part of the service!!). Most of the guests stayed at the Intercontinental, with a few finding other accommodation very close by.
After Natalie and Brock’s ceremony finished, guests either headed to The Veranda Bar for a drink, or headed back to their accommodation to refresh before the reception started. The Veranda Bar is a mix of Hamptons and American log cabin styles and overlooks the magnificent pool – very relaxing (I had a delicious cheeky French Martini). Staff were attentive and friendly also.
As the hotel grounds are so vast, Natalie and Brock, with the team from Just for Love Photography, didn’t have to leave the Intercontinental to get their photos. They walked around the picturesque grounds, taking photos and having fun.
After a little drink, David (Wedding Planner) escorted all guests to pre-dinner drinks on the beautiful lawn just outside the reception space. We were surrounded by tiki flame, heaters, and wait staff with trays of drinks and nibbles. Guests were then told that the reception was about to start and to head inside. Cue another breathtaking space with high ceilings, wooden fixtures, bar, dance floor, fireplace, and round tables stunningly set.
Drinks flowed, music played, and scrumptious food was served (I had the salmon entree, rib fillet for main, and moorish wedding cake by I Heart Cakes for dessert). What a venue, what a day and what a couple! Natalie and Brock’s wedding was one to remember!
If you are searching for an all inclusive, photographic, and practical venue that ticks all the boxes, the Intercontinental is one to consider. I highly recommend speaking to David (Wedding Planner) and discussing your ideas, wants and needs when it comes to your wedding. Working alongside David, his team, and the other incredible vendors (I’ll list them below), I can’t fault this venue or the other vendors involved.
Things to consider when booking the Intercontinental Sanctuary Cove for your wedding:
- If you are having a larger wedding (plus 40 guests) make sure your Celebrant has a PA system to use at the Chapel;
- Tell guests that your ceremony starts 15 minutes before “kick off” – this gives them time to walk or golf buggie down to the chapel before your ceremony starts (grounds are large and they need a little more time to walk).
Vendors for Natalie and Brock’s Wedding:
Florals & Styling: @style_onq
Wedding Gown: @kwhbridal
Bridesmaid Dresses: @review_australia
Hair & Makeup: @porcelainface
Grooms Suit: @workingstylenz
Groomsmen Suits: @stuartsuits
Photo Booth: @acedjphotobooth