Congratulations on your recent wedding! I hope it was an amazing experience for you and your partner! Now that you are back to ordinary life, you might be thinking that it is time apply for your Official Marriage Certificate, and also change your name now that you are married.
As a Marriage Celebrant, I often get asked about how to do this. Let me help you with this process by following these steps:
- Click on the following link: Qld Births, Deaths and Marriages – Change of Name, Marriage
- Select the type of marriage certificate you would like – a standard certificate or a commemorative certificate (this option is more expensive)
- Go through an answer all the questions – it will ask your details, your partners details, and the marriage ceremony details
- Print off form
- Write your credit card details in the bottom section – make sure you put the amount of money, and a signature!
- Check that you have entered all the details correctly, and if happy, sign about half way down on the right hand side
- Attach the required identification that has been JP signed
- Send it in to Births, Deaths and Marriages Qld
- Wait about 4 – 6 weeks depending on peek periods, then your certificate should arrive in the mail.
- Go and change your name to your hearts content, and/or keep it safe for future purposes!
Stunning photography by the incredible Just for Love Photography!